Thursday, May 30, 2013

celebrate.


 
I can still remember the sound of his voice that night.  One year has passed since then but I can remember it all so easily.  I sat there, diagonally from his tall Budweiser and listened to him and his best friend talk about a certain opener that was coming in June.  He was in a hat, my favorite one.  The Saturday night brought laughter and music and it was everything that it should be and more.  His voice was calming.  It made more sense to me than the night around me and ever since that very moment, my heart was his.

 I used to visualize what it was like to be in love and it would bring me back to pain, confusion, and I would question whether or not I would ever get to experience what every girl dreams of.  That late evening in may he entered my life and every piece of doubt inside of me completely disappeared.  Summer days slowly passed and overtime my heart became less guarded and I knew I wanted to be with him forever.  When you realize that your past and your present finally make sense and that every single wrong was actually a right, your world completely changes.  All of the things that you thought were normal were in fact the exact opposite and you learn that without this day you would be lost.

One year has passed since my eyes met his.  It's crazy to think we'll be starting our life together in three months.  A day to celebrate,  to love,  and a day to remind me that there is no one in this world that keeps my spirit and my heart full like he does.  To remember that even on the most difficult days he is there to catch my tears and to make me feel strong.  And a day to be so very thankful that he unlocked my empty heart and filled it with this indescribable joy.  My relationship with him has taught me that balance is something we learn, happiness is a choice, and that four feet are far better than two.  Today is a special day and I have no other choice than to smile at this sweet sweet beautiful boy that stands in front of me.  Happy birthday to my best friend in the entire world.

No comments:

Post a Comment